Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Little Rock Trip

Over MLK weekend we took a trip to Little Rock to see Pappa Mac & Jill. We had a great time getting to catch up with them, visit, look through old pictures, and just having a good time! I always enjoy getting Matt and Pappa Mac together so I can listen to the two of them discuss church history and theology. :)

While we were there, Pappa Mac told me that he had recently come across a picture of his mother (aka: Mamaw Rossie) that reminded him of me. As soon as he showed it to me, I remembered a picture that Matt took of me just a week or two before. We found the pictures and put them side by side and were speechless! We may not look exactly alike, but there are definitely some similarities. Of course the stance is similar, but what got me the most was the flip in her hair. Mine does the same thing! It isn't as apparent when comparing the two pictures, but my hair definitely flips that same way! We had a lot of fun sitting around looking at pictures and telling stories.



We got to go sightseeing to see several pretty places around Little Rock. Jill and I mourned over the loss of some trees that were destroyed in a storm, while "the guys" gave us a hard time about it (but what do they know, right??). :)

We forgot our camera on this trip, so we didn't get many pictures. We DID however sneak this picture on my phone. Pretty sweet, huh?



We love you two! Thanks for having us for a couple of days!

No comments: