Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Foot Update #2

New update on my foot. I went back to the podiatrist today. The only LOGICAL explanation he can come up with is that they didn't take out the ENTIRE bone during my first surgery. If that were the case, it is possible that the remaining bone could "grow" and then I fractured it again during the accident. Regardless, he put me in an orthopedic shoe for 2-3 weeks. He mentioned putting me in a boot, but I informed him of my back problems (which many think is directly related to me wearing a boot for 3-4 months the FIRST time I had this problem) so he said we couldn't do that. So, I'll wear the shoe for a few weeks and see if that helps. If not, he will give me a cortisone shot. I also had one of those the first time around and it was NOT FUN AT ALL. It hurt really bad... so I'm hoping to avoid that one. THEN, if THAT doesn't work either, then I'll have to have surgery to have it removed. Fun.

No comments: