Sunday, May 30, 2010

Behind the Music

At church we are doing a series called Behind the Music. Matt and I were both skeptical when we first heard the title, but so far we have both really enjoyed it. Members have been sending in what their favorite songs are and why. Then, each week the preacher talks about a different song and the meanings behind it and what it means to specific members of the congregation. That briefly summarizes the series. We have really been blessed by it so far.

This morning the song was "It Is Well With My Soul". To hear that song sung by a large group of people is just chilling. It was absolutely beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. We watched a video that tells about the origins of the song and I wanted to share it here. I had never heard this story before. As soon as we walked out of the building I told Matt that I wanted to find that video so I could share it on my blog. So here it is.

No comments: