Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Youth Retreat

This past weekend we took the youth on our "end of summer retreat". We went to a place in Burnet on Lake Buchannon. It was a very relaxing weekend and we enjoyed just sitting around hanging out with the youth group! Of course, I forgot to take pictures, so here are a few that I stole from someone's facebook! :)

Matt and I got the youth a pontoon boat... but then we didn't get to ride on it because we couldn't put that many people on there. But here they are about to take off:


I'm not sure when this was taken, but I'm going to guess early in the morning... that is my "early morning" face. See what Matt has to look forward to? ;-)


We got a private show one night! Matt is so talented and I don't think he really knows just how talented he really is! Lately I have been really pushing him to go visit his friend David (who has recording equipment) and record a few new songs, but it has just been an issue of finding the time. I know it would be an awesome CD if he could do it!


Two of the youth (our youth group couple) making their pizza. We all paired up and made pizzas for supper that night. They were yummy!


While the youth were out on the pontoon boat, Matt and I went out on a canoe. We went out pretty far to an island and got out to walk around the island. It was pretty fun until we got ready to leave and I couldn't push the canoe back in the water because I kept sinking to my knees in mud. It was funny, but it was also pretty scary when I couldn't get out!! Matt just thought it was funny. He enjoyed it a little too much I think. ;-)
We also made spray paint tshirts. I had never heard of doing that before but it was really cool and everyone had a great time! I don't have any pictures of our shirts, but I'll try to get one to post on here - they're pretty cool! :)
We had a great time and spent a lot of time just hanging out and relaxing!

No comments: